Authentication without passwords
Everyone hates passwords. Let's get rid of them. Enter your email to start building apps or scroll down to read more.
Enter your email below and select a login flow, your account will be created automatically!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does passwordless work?
- Type your email address, select Code for a one-time passcode or Magic Link" for a link to click that logs you in automatically. That's it.
- Why Passwordless?
- Passwords are unpleasant for user and developers. Most users use weak passwords or re-use the same password for multiple sites. Then developers have to store them securely and handle all that user authentication.
- How do I use it in my app?
- Login above (your account will be created automatically). You'll be taken to the dashboard where you can configure a new application. It will give you an App ID that you can use to access the REST API to authenticate users. You can use the api directly or use the python client.
- What can't passwordless do?
- My passwordless service only connects a session to an email address. I will verify for you that someone has the email address they say they have, but anything more (i.e. access control), you need to take care of in your app. If you want to support users changing their email addresses, you will also have to handle that in your database model.
- My Question isn't here
- If you'd like to know more about how to actually use Purple Auth in your project, head to the Walkthrough. For more detail on how things work behind the scenes, check out the How It Works page. If you still have questions or issues, feel free to reach out using the contact form on my main website. I’d love to hear from you.